Thursday 31 October 2013

Year 2 Halloween

This assignment was an open assignment to create something with the halloween theme.
 
My original idea started out as creating some kind of stitched together girl and evolved to puppets and then a combination of the two.
 
I started by simply googling some images that gave me inspiration. I also scanned a few pages from the Alice The Madness game.
 
 
I did a quick artist study on Abigail Larson. I follow her on deviantart http://abigaillarson.deviantart.com/.
 
Her images
 

 
My quick pencil 'study

 
 
 
Because I wanted to do a humanoid figure I needed a reference for poses, I searched through another deviant artist who provides stock images.
 
 





 
My designs.
 


 
The second design is my chosen.
 


 
 
 
Some work in progress shots.
I was not able to finish this assignment simply because again I was getting bogged down in details. I have many layers which are not adding to the painting at all. I probably repainted the same parts at least twice without really making any difference.

I like how my idea evolved through researching different themes. I really wanted to try and create a background scene of a cardboard stage. A stark contrast in style from the skeleton dancer and giving it a creepy innocence vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment