Monday 22 April 2013

Life Drawing 6

Sketches from the previous two life drawing sessions.

Pencil sketch of life model. I was focusing on the folds in the cloth for this piece which was difficult due to the  fabric being transparent.


An attempt at full body sketch with pencil, I decided to do a focus of the face which is a surprising close resemblance of the model. However I should have focused more time on drawing the entire body.


Moving onto charcoal I was now aiming to paint in the entire body, the focus being the pose.


Three minute pose warmup sketches


A 35 minute sketch done in pencil, I spent a lot of time trying to get the pose and the weights right in this sketch. I am still trying to speed up my workflow so I can start to pencil in shadows.


I attempted something different here. Using charcoal I used only angles and deep lines to give some levels to the picture. I believe this worked but of course it is not a good resemblance of the model and I did not finish it entirely.


2 minute sketches in charcoal. Again I was trying for angled edges which i felt worked well for clothing folds.


An interesting exercise to draw with my left hand, I found it very difficult but for some sketches it worked very well. The looser the clothing on the model the better I could draw seeing as my left hand is not very steady.


2 minute warmup sketches.


A few different attempts using cylinders to build the pose of the mode, It worked to a certain point but they are very uninteresting.


My first attempt at using compressed charcoal. I found it very difficult to move around unlike normal charcoal. I could not work very quickly with it also.


Moving back to charcoal I tried to rush the general shape and get into detailing. Again i need to speed up my workflow so that I can add more depth to the sketch.














No comments:

Post a Comment