Tuesday 23 April 2013

Mudbox

Two sculpts, my first an Old Man's face and second a zombie/ghoul.
 
This is my first sculpt made in Mudbox. I was unfortuantly unable to attend the lesson so I had to work on this on my own with no introduction to Mudbox. However I found it to be a very easy program to pick up and use.
 


 
I was not able to finish this sculpt, it was entirely done free hand using reference as a general guide. I was focused on trying to give the face some emotion which I belive I acheived.
 
To improve I need to understand how to create mouths and eyes in mudbox as this is the part that I struggled the most with and spent a few hours tweaking until it looked right.
 
 
This zombie task was to practice correct anatomy. To do this I started by painting a skeleton structure on the basic human model provided in Mudbox by use of stencil and reference and then proceeded to sculpt according to the painting.
 




 
I believe that this worked well to make anatomy as close to perfect as possible. However I found it to be extremely time consuming and would have preffered to use a stencil as reference and sculpt by eye as I beleive I can sculpt and make adjustments as I went.


No comments:

Post a Comment