Tuesday 11 December 2012

Alien design

I decided I would doodle some alien designs just to see what I could come up with without any references  I had an idea in mind of a goofy looking alien with thin limbs and a fat body.


I was not happy with any of these designs, I was trying to focus on the head too much while neglecting the body. I find it very difficult to draw without references but wanted to try.


A little later I was doodling some more human anatomy sketches that were not really working out. When looking for references I stumbled over an alien sketch which instantly gave me the inspiration I needed for my alien head.



I was very pleased with the head design and decided I would try and quickly do a silhouette to create the rest of the body. I have not finished this and am unsure if I will but I am fairly pleased with how it was shaping up.


No comments:

Post a Comment