Tuesday 11 December 2012

Value's with pencil

During class we have been doing many paintings in Photoshop with a focus on using values. I decided I would try this with pencil.


I did not take much time with this sketch mostly because I was unwilling to push it much further. I did not shade as much as I was planning to do and therefore the values do not work. I however did enjoy this sketch and can see how I can improve on my next drawing, by being a bit braver and using heavier pencils I know I can flesh this out to work as planned.


Here is another attempt at using darker shades to create values, I was a bit braver with this drawing and pushed it further than the last. It still however would not hold together without the sketch lines.
It is far less detailed than the first but I prefer this drawing since it stands out much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment